2009年4月3日星期五

THE PUNCH ZONE

So how do you get in “The punch zone”? I’m not sure. I’m really not, but I do know it wouldn’t be possible without an open mind and a creative spirit. I’m not a doctor, I haven’t spent years researching this topic and I certainly can’t put my finger on scientific evidence supporting my statements. In fact, I made up the term, “the punch zone”. I couldn’t think of a better way to describe the phenomenon I have experienced time and time again.

Please don’t misunderstand. This isn’t some new age thinking, where if you think positively you can do anything you want. “Get in the zone and you’ll be a great puncher” is positively goofy. However, I can’t emphasize enough how important I believe this is to punching: not the getting into “The punch zone”, but being creative.

Serious runners experience what is referred to as a runner’s high. The runner’s high wasn’t the goal, but after months of training, one day they find themselves in this mental state, where they feel they can run forever. The first time you experience this you’re taken by surprise. You then thirst for the sensation and begin to recognize when you’re experiencing it.

The punch zone is much the same way in that you shouldn’t make it a goal. After you have developed your creativity and learned to apply it to your technical knowledge one day it will hit you that you were in the zone. Then over time you will know the sensation enough to know when you are there and you too will begin to thirst for this high.

I doubt there are champion runners or Ironmen that have not experienced a runner’s high, but it’s certainly not a requirement to being a runner. The punch zone is not a requirement to becoming a puncher either, but it takes you to new levels and keeps the fire inside alive. The fire not only produces champion designs, but brings you back to your digitizing station hungry each day.

3 条评论:

  1. 此评论已被作者删除。

    回复删除
  2. A good read so far. I like the term you made; the punch zone. This is really the way to check your creativity of embroidery digitizing. Thank you very much...

    回复删除